Saturday, November 26, 2011

Teenage lunch party

On Friday I had lunch with some teenagers.

I know, I am as shocked as you are.

It was to support The Beacon Foundation's "Polish Program".

If you have noticed my sense of humour and tuned in to it, then you are probably thinking the wrong thing right now.

As with everything Beacon do, it is about getting teenagers ready for the real world. It isn't school work, it is real life - getting a job, interacting with adults, public speaking and more besides.

The kids I had lunch with had just been trained in public speaking, interview skills and strangely enough, how to use cutlery and other table manners.

I was asked to come along to be one of several token adults and business representatives.

Seeing as my own high school experience is a big part of why I chose not to have kids i.e. I fucking hated school from the day I walked in to the day I walked out, I decided I'd go along to this. I thought that if I could make someone else's high school experience slightly less fucked than mine then it would be worth it.

It went OK. I survived, they survived and we had some lunch. Phew!

So there you go, maybe I am not as evil as I seem :-) Naahhhhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Your comments will be posted after erview by our moderators.
David