Friday, December 23, 2011

The Brat Before Christmas

It was the night before Christmas
and all through the house,
I couldn't hear myself thinking,
there were kids in the house.


Hmmm, not sure I want to continue with this idea :-)


I hope you all have a great Christmas, holiday season or whatever it is you choose to have at this time of year.

On Christmas Eve we'll be going to the movies and then down the road from our house for the neighbor's traditional BBQ and booze up. Home is a short walk but my head doesn't recover like it used to from alcohol.

None of our family live in the same state as us so we'll be having an orphan's Christmas lunch at a friend's house.

If we are lucky the Christmas Platypus will make an appearance to distribute the $10 Chris Kringle.

Before that though we'll have had breakfast at another friend's house and afterwards we'll be having dinner (yeah right) at another neighbor's house.

I am not sure I am going to survive the day. I suspect I may explode. I will be pacing myself but suspect the lovely goodies available will be my undoing.

All our presents have been shipped (ages ago now) so the recipients should have them under their trees, unopened, awaiting the excitement of opening them on Christmas day (oh dear).

It sounds like quite an amazing and busy Christmas to me. :-)

And they say you need kids to appreciate Christmas. Bah Humbug!!! ;-)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Your comments will be posted after erview by our moderators.
David