Monday, April 29, 2013

iPhone vs iBaby...

On the weekend I saw comedian Adam Hills's show "Happyism".

In it he said he "children are like iPhones, people who have them just bang on about them".

He said this because he was starting to bang on about his 3 year old child and, to his credit, he didn't want to bore us with it...but he did go on about it a bit anyway :-)

It reminded me that I hadn't posted here for a while and that that pretty much correlates with my promise to only post, or at least try to post, positive things about being CF and life in general.

Adam's show is about positivity to a large extent and I must confess, despite laughing until I cried during the show, I came out of it feeling a bit down about my life and what I've achieved.

Don't get me wrong, fuck, I am not going to make it worse by having kids in a vain attempt to plug a hole in my achievements. :-)

I've also been having a crisis of career lately. I won't bore that with you here except to say I was wondering if focusing on the child-free thing again, properly this time, may be the way ahead.

After all, as this article points out, the most effective way to help the planet right now is for humans to NOT reproduce at such ridiculous levels.

"Want to save the planet? Don't have any children"

It is an important message that does seem to be catching on a little bit.

So should I dedicate myself to it more or not?

Who benefits? Certainly not me or my family. After this generation there won't be any.

Is that a hole in the business plan? It is just too easily labelled as a cynical marketing exercise "why do you care about the planet? It isn't like your kids are going to be using it."

...and that's a good point. You'd think that would wake breeders up to the reality of what is taking place...
...they are fucking up the planet that their kids are living in.

Still, as long as we keep bringing up things to be scared of that may end the world anyway, why bother?

Speaking of the end of the world, so which is worse; parents or Apple disciples? 

Bloody hell, what if they are both?

"...and that children, is how the Apocalypse started. Not with nuclear war or four horsemen, but a bunch of wankers who had too many children. They consumed the entire planet's resources in a desperate and hopeless attempt to own the next iPhone."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Your comments will be posted after erview by our moderators.
David