Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"surely I don't deserve to lose my ability to earn an income just because I have a child?"


Aussie CFs -- the unions have created a website for workers to comment on work-life balance but, yep, you guessed it, it is REALLY about work-family balance.
This article asks rhetorically, "surely I don't deserve to lose my ability to earn an income just because I have a child?"
Well, surely *I* don't deserve to be assigned the shitty shifts just because I don't have a child, because someone else wants a zero-sum impact on their life because they chose to be a parent?
Feel free to add your comments.
http://workinglife.org.au/2013/04/16/surely-i-dont-deserve-to-lose-my-ability-to-earn-an-income-just-because-i-have-a-child/#comment-397


Here's the comment I left. Let's see if it gets through moderation. Most of the other comments are pretty funny and unsupportive of the premise.,

Excellent!



Surely I don't deserve to lose the income I earn because someone else chooses to have a baby?

Right now Australia is living in a pro-natalist self serving deception of rights with no responsibilities.

YOU chose to have kids, you deal with it.

This whole notion that the whole world should evolve around someone just because they've had a child is simply madness and at the very least impractical.

With the majority of folk having kids these days, should we do everything everyone one of them wants just because they've had kids? That certainly seems to be the growing message.

People magically want to "have a job" without much of a concept as to what goes on behind the scenes. 

People who run businesses have to jump through so many hoops just to take a person on, many of them give up trying to help you.

In recent times I have watched several people take on new jobs within a couple of months go on 6 months or more maternity leave.

Now you may say "that's their right". You know what, it f***ing isn't. It is plain rude, inconsiderate and selfish. That employer now can't fill that role. A role initially created because they needed something done. A role they probably spent training you for only to have to go through that again.

As a small business owner myself I can tell you that sort of financial pain is crippling if not downright terminal.

And, by the way, it should be noted that the definition of a family is far greater than just those who have children.

Even IF that was the case, surprise surprise we are all somebody's child. 

So wake up, put on your big boy pants, and deal with the life YOU CHOSE to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Your comments will be posted after erview by our moderators.
David